Here at SMVS we treat the cancer with all modern modality and expertise
The Department of Oncology has a unique and comprehensive cancer care programme that follows trans-disciplinary and multi-modality approach in the field of adult and Pediatrics oncology. The department has an exhaustive medical programme, with super-sub-specialists in the field of Medical Oncology, Haematology – adult & Pediatrics, Radiation Oncology, specialized Onco surgery and Bone Marrow Transplant services. The department focuses on keeping in touch with latest advancements in Oncology to provide patients with the best treatment.
We understand that cancer is complex and its treatment requires a mix of therapies like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery, along with lifestyle modifications. We provides holistic approach to cancer treatment as our team of oncologists work together and in coordination with other specialities keeping in mind the overall well-being of the patients.
- Dedicated operation theaters
- Ultra-modern equipments
- Organ-specific specialist teams
- Latest treatment modalities
The Centre for Onco-Surgery brings together the expertise within the hospital to provide comprehensive and coordinated care for patients with all types of cancers, We have a great team effort between the Pathologist, Medical oncologist, dietitian, physiotherapist, intensivist, radiologist, intervention radiologist and surgical oncologist and thus the department offers broad scope of cancer services, ranging from public education, screening and diagnosis, to treatment, pain management and palliative care. Surgery and procedures both complex and challenging with the highest of standards are performed as per international guidelines.
- Multimodality treatment for diagnosis , staging and follow up.
- Special investigations including blood tests and tumor markers.
- Intra-operatively - Intraoperative ultrasound for Hepato-pancreatobiliary surgeries
- Endoscopy - Upper GI and Colonoscopy with biopsies
- State of the art operation theaters equipped with the latest energy devices used during surgery